Book Review: Sniper’s Eye by Mainak Dhar

41560702. sy475  


*Publisher: 4 Hour books *ISBN: 978-81-8386—143-4 *No of pages: 224 *Genre: Fiction *Cover: Paperback *Price: 299INR *Rating: 3/5

My view:

Hi everyone, after a long time I am back to my passion, i.e. to review, some what because of hectic life I was unable to post any review for last 2 months, but I will not disappoint my readers. So for now what I have read recently is the book from Mainak Dhar i.e. Sniper’s Eye.

Sniper’s Eye is suspense with a thriller, a novel about an ex-army man named Aaditya Ghosh, who left’s Indian Army for some uncertain reasons and joins corporate world. Where he meets a lovely lady called Zoya, they both are in love with each other. One fine day when they both were in Shopping Mall a man in front of Aadity is shot by someone unknown with a sniper.

This is truly page turner, unexpected twists and turns are given by the author, I liked his writing style which is crispy and to the point, no difficult jargons being used. One can finish this novel in one sitting. What I liked about this book is Army’s hardship and the way they are being treated is very well portrayed by the author. Characterization of Aaditya is good and suspense buildup till the last page makes you glued with book is plus point of this novel. In one word a book has everything needed for a reader, excellent writing style, fast paced script, action, thriller and lots more.

I recommend this book to crime, thriller and suspense lover. I thank you Mainak Dhar for the book which I won on twitter competition.    

Blurb:

I was out on a date. Everything was perfect… till that shot… a high-caliber one, no apparent sound. And, the man in front of me fell. A rifle with a suppressor? A sniper in the middle of a Mumbai mall?

As the body count mounted, I was soon sucked deeper into the chaos unleashed by that shot. To survive and save those whom I care about, I have to become the man I left behind. I have no choice but to tap into a bloody past that has put me on the terror kill list. I may also have no option but to join hands with the sniper terrorizing Mumbai.
The problem is that man has sworn to kill me. In a world where the young and poor kill and die in conflicts started by the old and rich, I and my unlikely companion finally discover the thin line that separates a mere killer from a hero.

This is our story…

 




Comments