Alcohol consumption can have some surprising health benefits.
Alcohol has often been addressed as the ‘Wet Devil’ and deemed dangerous for health.
But little do people know that alcohol consumption can have some surprising health benefits as well. The following article will illustrate the benefits of drinking.
1. Recent research has proved that drinking red wine helps in sleeping properly. Red wine essentially helps in producing melatonin. It is an antioxidant that not only helps regulate the sleep cycle, but also prevents cancer and aging.
2. Resveratrol, an essential component in red wine, helps in building immunity against diseases and helps one live longer. Not only that, it also helps prevent dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. It is also known to reduce inflammation, lower LDL cholesterol and improve overall physical health.
3. A glass of red wine has enough resveratol and antioxidants to reduce the risk of heart ailments.
4. Red wine is known to reduce chances of lung cancer by 13%; prostate cancer by 50% and breast cancer in women by 12%.
5. The chances of catching a cold are reduced by 44% with the moderate daily consumption of red wine.
1. Beer aids in proper bone health with its high silicon contents. Studies have shown that daily consumption of beer helps develop good bone density.
2. Beer accounts for a 31% reduction in cardiovascular risks. Daily consumption helps reduce LDL cholesterol levels and keep the arteries clean.
3. A man drinking beer has 40% less chances of developing kidney stones than non-beer drinkers. It is presumed that the high water content in beer keeps the risk of kidney dehydration away and prevents stone formation.
4. The risk of developing diabetes with a moderate but regular consumption of beer is reduced by 25% mostly because beer increases insulin sensitivity and regulates blood sugar levels.
1. It acts as a sleep inducer and helps in relaxing the mind and reducing stress levels.
2. It is the most effective household disinfectant and was often administered to clean wounds. Its antiseptic properties remove toxins from the skin and help kill germs.
3.The alcohol content in vodka is effective enough to take latent heat off the body when externally administered during fevers.
4. It aids in proper heart health, reducing harmful cholesterol levels, and reducing hypertension and keeping cardiovascular troubles at bay.
5. Regular but moderate consumption calms the brain and reduces the risk of dementia, neural troubles and Alzheimer’s.
6. It is an excellent anti-inflammatory agent and has proven results in curing osteoporosis and arthritis.
Alcohol consumption does have its health benefits, but these only reflect when the consumption is moderate. Over-consumption and drinking with no holds barred is capable of causing more harmthan good. So alcohol connoisseurs are advised to exercise caution.