Book Review He fixed the match she fixed him by Shikha


Book Review: He Fixed The Match She Fixed Him by Shikha

*Publisher: Vitastapublishing *ISBN: 978-93-82711-50-6 *Publication Year: 2015 *No of Pages: 284 *Cover: Paperback *Language: English *Genre: Fiction *Price: 175 *Rating: 3.5/5

My View:

Frankly speaking when I got the mail to review this book, I thought it is about cricket match fixing but I was wrong it’s totally different rather it’s a relation fixing. The book is about romance, revenge, agony, attraction, family, Indian traditional marriage etc. The language and word are simple and the flow is fast, also the character buildup and plotting is very strong from the beginning. The theme is totally different from what we generally read about love or hatred. The narration style is a plus point which grips the readers from first page.

The beginning of the revenge was excellently woven but it got vanished within two three chapters, I think it should be bitter. One thing I didn’t like is too much promotion of trip and matrimonial website, once or twice is OK but to promote website through your debut book is tough to grasp. Also the constant use of Scavin Eyewear is bit annoying.
One of the best things which I liked the most is simple yet very meaningful description of Seven Vows of Marriage by the author.

This novel is a good example for today’s generation where divorces are done faster than the time consuming to propose a girl. In one word a good book with meaningful message. So I highly recommend to every couple either in relation, married or have lost faith in love.

Blurb:

Shreya – I’m a highly qualified Delhi girl earning an enviable salary. My parents are having a tough time finding a suitable groom for me. However, recently they have a proposal from this very interesting guy from Mumbai. I almost get mesmerized when he starts talking to me. I think I like him very much.

Kunal – I’m owner of a textile company in Mumbai. My Mom wants me to get married. Again! She has recently suggested a suitable girl from Delhi. What my Mom doesn’t know is that I’ve met Shreya before once in my life and I’ve been looking for her ever since. I have a vendetta to settle.

The author takes you along on a journey via roads of revenge, agony, remorse, attraction, titillation, tantalization and romance. Do Shreya and Kunal make it, or do they fall prey to their past?

About Author:

Shikha Kumar has a B-Tech degree in Computer Science from Bhartiya Vidyapeeth, Delhi. Professionally, she is a Manager with Tata Consultancy Services. She has travelled to, and worked in different countries. She enjoys travelling, reading, writing and watching movies. This is her first attempt to present her writing abilities to the world.

Comments