I found a new way to spend time with my family, after lockdown.


Hi everyone, today I want to talk about how this lockdown has changed my life. My son who is five years old; studying in Kindergarten is the heartthrob of our family. So keeping him happy and smiling has been our day to day motto. Everyone’s life changed when our PM announced the lockdown for the first 21 days. The initial days were okay, but eventually, things started getting very overwhelming.

However, I would like to share how lockdown positively impacted me, especially with my kid.

Life before the lockdown:

I used to be a stubborn guy when it came to my routine; because of my daily activities, I was unable to give enough quality time to my son.
Firstly, whenever he used to say ‘daddy, let’s play something’ I used to ask him to play with his friends, but because of the lockdown that was not possible.

Life during the lockdown:

But lockdown has made a drastic change in my life. Generally, he wakes between 8 or 9 in the morning, I give him his toothbrush and tongue cleaner, then he completes his routine of bathing followed by breakfast. As soon as he finishes his breakfast he brings Ludo which we play almost every day. Usually, after lunch I take a quick nap. Before that though, my kid, wife and I have made a ritual to watch comic videos on https://www.tiktok.com/trending  or any inspirational stories which I generally translate to my child. I still remember there was a comical video where a young guy was singing a song and giving a beat with taal (i.e. manjira) on his both hands. His actions were so funny that we all laughed out loud. The content is hilarious and just cheers us up!
Download Tik Tok Logo PNG Image for Free
I also came to know that many people started earning through TikTok and are finding success. Even famous personalities like Ritesh Deshmukh, Shilpa Shetty Kundra, and her husband are always creating such quirky videos and are trending on TikTok. Tiktok is a good platform for newbie’s to use and learn tools like filters that control videos while editing and can also use professional audio to give a good twist to their content. I have seen many people composing their own songs and making new music videos on TikTok. It’s a great platform for those who want to make a difference.   
 
Coming back to my kid, a good change which I have seen in my kid, because of us getting to spend so much time together, is that he has lunch and dinner with all the family members. Every Sunday, we do some gardening, where we have planted rose and jasmine. One of the biggest positive impacts which we have noticed after lockdown is that my son has suddenly stopped eating junk foods, not even cold drinks.

Even today, I give advice to my kid about how healthy our home-cooked food is whereas eating outside foods with too much salt and sugar will adversely affect our body. Since we are living in a tier 2 city, the rules are a little relaxed and so late at night, my kid and I love to cycle on our street.

Tiktok has increased the bonding we share and someday soon, we may start creating videos together!

Comments