My laundry in #Lockdown


#Share the load

#Lockdown a drastic change to everyone’s life on earth, because of covid19. Some days after lockdown I used to read in newspaper how men are helping their wife at home for daily chores. So today I am going to share what I was doing in lockdown at home, generally I used to get up early and go for a walk near my park. But the day when our PM announced lockdown for 21 days, it was fun for first 2-5 days but I became bored of routine, then my wife told me if you are bored then help me with the household work.

I said I have never tried, she told you should start with the laundry. We are only five members in my family, my mom, dad, my wife, my 5 year old kid and me. I said I will try, we are having washing machine of 7 kg, so on the first day when my wife was not around I poured a good quantity of washing powder in the tub, when my wife came she asked what you have done I told her and she was furious (I don’t know because of Lockdown I guess). She told me to bring bucket I have to pull water which was mixed with washing powder, for next two days my wife has to use that water to clean our clothes.


On the other day she told me how to brush the collar of my shirt, then put it inside the tub for second time wash and how many minutes to dry the clothes in dryer, also she told me to pick every cloth and pin it on the wire which was have installed in our porch. One other thing which I have learnt in lockdown is how to peel the potato, cut the brinjal, how to wash and clean ladies finger and most importantly how to take out seeds from biter gourd.

I was not alone helping at home, even when I used to talk with my friends they told me how they were cooking at home obliviously by watching YouTube and making new recipes. Generally from our early childhood we are taught that men are breadwinners and women have to do household work, but now I think covid19 has changed the scenario and hope men and women are compared equally, I urge every citizen to follow gender equality after lockdown opens.      


P.S. I think somehow I motivated my five year kid when he himself started washing his dish after completing this meal, a stepping stone for the next generation. #ShareTheLoad #ShareTheLaundry and #ShareChoresMultiplyLove

‘I will #ShareTheLoad and help in household chores in association with Ariel India and BlogAdda

Comments

  1. I've never read anything like your post, which has the best information.
    Best Washing Machines Nairobi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have already read these pieces of writing and I conceive this is an important informative post for me. Thanks for shearing this article with us. semi automatic washing machine price list

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice blog that you have shared."Experience impeccable freshness at Swiss Laundry and Drycleans - Your Garments' Best Friend!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog post on laundry tips! I appreciate the practical advice you've shared. The step-by-step guide on stain removal was particularly helpful. I've struggled with stubborn stains in the past, and your tips seem like they'll make the process much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge thanks for this post! It was just what I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment